Sunday, December 14, 2014

Getting back into photo showing

After a year of horrid photo shows and having young ones tell me that my photo's are NOT up to today standards(which they are), I have decided to renew my membership fee's to IPABRA. Hey $3.00 a year is great. So I have to judge a few shows. At least I won't have some young UNEDUCATED kid screaming down my throat cause her photo was not champion. I have tried to explain to them that I have been in this hobby much longer than they have and have MUCH more knowledge then they do. I guess they think different. 


 The above photo has some serious faults. First off, the fence is seriously OUT OF SCALE. And the grass is to out of scale. The photo looks to be taken at an angle. The lighting is good, no harsh shadows etc. The tack could use some updating, but i'm guessing this is a "Novice" showers photo. 
Yes some showers don't put a whole lot of effort into getting good photos and then bash those who do put some serious time and effort into getting a good photo. 
Here is the photo that was recently "Bashed" for being a bad photo
I know that the back drop could be better, but the horse IS in focus and shows the detail quite well. But yet this photo was DQ'd.
I have like I said, tried to keep from letting my temper show through, but sometimes it is best that I did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment