Friday, April 18, 2014

Show placings and Karen's costume

Good morning everyone! 
Lets see, where do I start. LOL  
Lets start with the good news. Another one of my presentation sets is going to NAN!!! That is so awesome too. Elizabeth Mace took her "Black Flame 3" to a live show and it placed 2nd. Not sure what costume beat it out of first place, but I am still happy that it placed. Not sure if the LB sized set I did placed at the show, but it did place at a show week before last. Here are the photo's 
 As you can see from this photo(by Elizabeth herself - used with permission)her model placed 5th. Not bad for the sets first show. I am happy though. Some people have said that the set should have placed higher. I have to agree, but it is the judges decision. I have heard from other sources that some people(will not mention names)said that the set is awful and should never have been shown. I guess those people should really take a look at themselves. Maybe they should just shut their mouths cause their opinions aren't needed. 
Here is the "Black Flame 3" first show placing. Again, it is up to the judge.
 Third isn't a bad placing. I wonder though what was the judge really thinking? If it is over the fact that the model is either a NSH or just an Arab mix, I have seen those breeds show with Arabian tack on. Oh well, to each his own.
Now here is the photo that made me very proud!
Yup your seeing right!!! The horse and set NAN'd!! So I get to see another one of my sets at NAN. Speaking of which, I won't be able to go :( Daniel says that it is to far and I have 3 dogs that would have to go. He doesn't want the responsibility of caring for them for 3 days. I even asked it was in Oklahoma, could I go. His answer? No! I think if it was held in Amarillo, I still wouldn't be able to go. Jackass he is.
   Now on to other news. Karen Dietrich is going to be a happy camper. I finished her Pebbles sized costume in time for a live show next weekend. But here is something funny about this costume. Karen gave me a rush time. She said that the show was this weekend instead of next weekend. I had the darn set done Monday and was already to mail it out when she told me that the show was AFTER Easter weekend. Talk about having a heart attack. I laughed so hard cause there was no way of knowing that she pulled a good one on me. Anyway, here are some photo's of her costume.
 In this photo, you can see it in final stage. I shipped it out just after taking photo's of it. 
Here is better shot of the bridle. Yes it is a pelham bit. or double rein'd bit. LOL A lot of real horse owners are starting to show their horses with this kind of bit. Talk about some serious eye strain when making a bit this small...........UGH. Plus I have a costume order from another friend in Chips/SM scale and she want's the same type of bit. I think I am going to go insane!!
Here is a photo of what the bridle looks like from the front. You can see the star on both the brow band and the center piece of the breast collar.
Now see isn't that a cute set?? Of course it is. Now just have to wait for the show and Karen said she would tag me in photo's. OOO I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Here is a photo of the girth attachment I decided to do for this costume. Yes it has a buckle, but that is for show only. It attaches differently to the saddle
Don't worry, I did fix that to where the hook was facing outwards and there is protection behind the works. I just wanted to show Karen the way the girth attaches so she wouldn't be trying to monkey with the buckle. Yes there is a photo of that buckle
Believe me that buckle didn't go on without a fight. I was getting aggravated by the second when I was working with it. Oh if your wondering, yes that is elastic band. I had to cut it down to be in scale with the model. I did put some sealant on it so it wouldn't fray out like I have seen some do.. 
Here is a close up photo of that eye twitching bit. Yea the one that drove me insane to get done. 
 Now isn't that some major detail? yea I think so. I will be doing a traditional size bit for another costume I am refurbishing for a friend like this one. But that is in another post. 
Well, better get that post done. Enjoy your day and remember Live like there is no tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment