Friday, April 18, 2014

Refurbishing at it's best.........oh boy

Good morning again!! 

Well I have been taking on a task of refurbishing a costume for a friend. Man this one was a disaster. I haven't finished it yet since I had to finish another costume for another friend. At least I can work on this one and can't wait to see the fullness of it when I am done. Here are the photo's of the costume BEFORE I received it. Be forewarned...........it is awful!!!
 As you can see, I did post the photo itself what I was going to do, but also you can see how messed up it is. The overall costume is very beautiful, but it does have it's problems, but those are getting fixed.
The next photo shows the bridle...........O_O what a mess. LOL
 There is no explaining this. All I can say is WOW!!! Thankfully I am saving a lot of the bridle that is saveable.
Here is what the bridle looks like AFTER I did some work to it.
 See, now isn't that much better? I think so. That all gold was just way to much for it. I had to add the color so it would pretty much match the costume's coloration all together. The breast collar was a disaster and decided to scrap it all together. So Anita will be getting a new breast collar.
Now you remember what the saddle and drapes looked like before I started working right? Well here is what they look like AFTER I went nuts on them. Oh btw, I will be fixing the saddle too. :)
 Now don't that look better? I cut a notch at the top of the drape in the front so it would sit on the model better, removed all the tassels(what a mess they were), removed the girth cause it is getting a new as well. Plus I braided thread and attached it to the drape. I actually love the coloration of this set. Thankfully I have both colors in thread. There will be double tier tassels on the side drapes and on the "Butt" drape, there will be a single row of tassels that alternate the colors Burgundy and blue. The saddle will be re-done with the same color of material(may have to go to town to find it) I was looking at the saddle really close and had noticed that the person who did this, didn't do a very good job on covering it up. She left a cut mark that almost covers the whole saddle. So yea, It will be recovered. Plus the stirrups are going to be different. They were the western style, but this costume just screams for English style stirrups. So there ya have it. Oh here is another photo of the bridle...............gotta make your eyes bleed some more. LOL
Here is what the breast collar looked like...........Can I cry now?

 Yea, those tassels are out right UGLY!!!. I was able to save all the beads from this monstrosity. Plus the tassels was attacked by wire. Ok, I can see some sets using wire(mostly for action posed models), but this one was just.........I am so lost for words here. Don't worry, I will post the new tassels and breast collar when I am done with it.
Well, until laters. Enjoy your day!.

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm probably weird but I think the tassels are cute XD But it's great that you are reworking it! Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be just one hot mess. LOL

    ReplyDelete